Compassion is at the heart of our community -- kindness to those who suffer and grieve, as well as joy with those who celebrate. Our Caring Community provides helping hands for congregants as they face some of the most challenging moments in life.
We can't help if we don't know who needs help, so please contact us when you or someone you care about needs care from our community.
I want to help.
- Deliver a Caring Bag to new members, congregants who have lost someone in their lives, or new parents.
- Become a Greeter at Temple services and programs.
- Bake or Serve at an Oneg Shabbat.
- Help our seniors get to services or run errands.
- Shiva Support –Comfort your fellow congregants by just showing up at a shiva
- Photograph Temple Sinai events
- Leadership opportunities at Temple Sinai
- Help cook congregational dinners
- Help alleviate isolation and loneliness by making reassurance calls to home-bound peers through our Seniors Calling Seniors program.
- Cook and serve at EECM homeless shelter
- Sing in the Intergenerational Choir
- Play in the Temple Sinai Band
Contact Judy Mahan, Membership and Engagement Director, (412) 421-9715 ext 110 if you have any questions or want to get involved!
We use the Lotsa Helping Hands website to coordinate our volunteers. Click here to request an invitation to the website.
If you need help navigating the Lotsa Helping Hands website, please click here, for step-by-step instructions.
I don't have time to volunteer, but I want to help!
The Caring Community's budget comes directly from Temple Sinai’s Caring Community Fund. Your gift, in honor or memory of a friend or loved one, will help us to pay it forward. Please consider a donation to the Caring Community Fund so that we can continue providing support and comfort to the members of Temple Sinai.